What do we help with?
- Matching interests, abilities, and time frame with our vessels and locations
- Providing orientation and resources before and during the assignment
- Assisting with necessary visas, permits, and other field requirements
- Coordinating field housing and transportation
- Assisting volunteers in handling financial details related to overseas service
Where do you fit?
Mobile teams leave the vessel each morning on inflatable zodiacs and conduct clinic activity ashore returning to the vessel for dinner and overnight stay. Depending on the location, the clinics may be running medical, optical, dental, community health education (CHE), and midwife clinics.
- Physical Therapists
- Wound care
We are so excited you are joining us for an outreach in Papua New Guinea! The following information will give you an understanding of outreaches onboard our vessel.
Living on board
Life on board a ship is a lot of fun. Living in close community will be a new experience for some and we invite everyone to work together to make it an enjoyable experience. Here’s more information about what life aboard a ship looks like:
For current outreach pricing and available dates please contact us at: [email protected]
- Visit ywamships.net and register online at: https://ywamshipskona.org/applications/
- Have a professional & pastoral / previous YWAM leader complete the confidential online reference form.
- Medical and marine professionals - please supply all requested documents in addition to your registration.
Register online at www.ywamships.net/ join-us/application-forms/
Complete these steps as soon as possible to ensure you can join your preferred outreach. Please note: you are welcome to register for more than one outreach or give a range of dates you are available. We will try to give you your first preference for outreach. However due to high interest, we cannot always guarantee additional outreaches.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Payment to YWAM Ships can be made in the following ways:
Online at ywamships.net, under “DONATE” click “PACIFIC LINK OUTREACH FEES” at the top of the webpage. Master Card and Visa accepted (an additional 3% fee applies) American checks or an international bank draft made payable in American dollars. These should be made out to:
YWAM Ships Kona Attention: Accounting 75-5687 Ali’i Drive Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Direct deposit or wire transfer. Details to arrange payments of this type are available on our website http://ywamships.net/ donate/.
Outreach fees and payment schedule are included in your Preparing to Come pack. A deposit is due within a week after your position has been confirmed for outreach. Full payment is upon arrival in PNG, in US Dollars.